Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Premature babies....

I think that many parents expect to have a full term pregnancy and a healthy baby.

This just isn't always the case. I, myself, delivered a 1 lb., 12 oz. baby boy, fifteen year's ago. It wasn't a walk in the park as my dear sweet bundle of joy had to be taken away immediately after birth to be intubated. I didn't get a chance to hold him until more than 2 month's later. Those time's were very challenging and most of the time I don't even know where I was during most of it. I know that God carried me through this period in my life because as strong as I "think" I am that was VERY DIFFICULT.

It brings me to my friend "Miranda" who has encountered the same situation. Her son seems to have a few additional complication's along side the prematurity.

I pray for her baby "Jay" as I call him. He isn't well enough to stay home at this time. The news devastated my friend and I understand how she feels....

Even though, I've walked in similar shoes..my baby came home, even after almost 6 month's later he still came home and we did not go back!

My heart hurts for this sweet mother and father (Anthony) who are enduring tough times. I am so happy that the Lord put them into my life to "try" to encourage. Offer support from a stand point that I've been there! Nevertheless, our situation with our child seemed easier in a way when at the time it WASN'T easy at ALL!!!
Please join me in praying to the full recovery of baby Jay, in whatever the Lord's will be and Gods strength for Miranda & Anthony.

I am so amazed at how much I truly "love" this special family and I have never laid eyes on them. God is so incredible and I give him all the glory!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.