Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Birds flew the coop we are praying for another little bird to fly in to our coop... :)

...When we tried to get yet, one last picture of the bird's ...they flew away! It was so sad to see them leave, but I guess it was time.



I am so grateful that I am not a mother bird! In just a month or so all of the "children" leave! WOW, I mean have you ever stopped to think about that? To never see them again? Thank God, he made me a human being. I am reminded of the scripture that says "Children are a blessing". Although, I don't have "grown" children now, I also know that the day for them to leave is approaching sooner than I'd like it to be. God is gracious in how he is giving us this time to prepare our hearts and minds for that fastly approaching day. It is my prayer that we've prepared them to be Godly men, responsible and hard working men who "LOVE THE LORD".



With all of that said....



We are also very excited about a new blessing that God has put into our hearts and lives. God put it on my heart a while ago and just after I had contacted a local private adoption agency to foster, I found out that we have a need right in my own family. So we have applied to be FOSTER PARENTS with DFACS, because that is where my cousin is currently. I am thrilled to be able to provide a child with a Christian, loving home to grow up in for as long as needed. So if the Lord is willing we will be caring for my "third" cousin who is about 6 months old. Yes, I still want to adopt "3" daughter's so I pray for a sibling group! :) However, I will "do what the Lord" says to do.

Please pray for this situation. Thanks!

During our prayer time with the boy's, I prayed the Lords will in this situation as I always pray and one of the boy's said to me.."Mom, you know that you don't have to always say Lord's will be done, everytime you pray because we all know that, if it is the Lord's will it will be done." :) I'm glad he has that conviction!

The funny thing is that, I am not worried about anything what-so-ever! This is VERY out of character for me. Typically, by this time I would have a list of "items" needed for this child. God has given me a peace and I know that he will provide. Our youngest is 9 and I don't have ANYTHING left from him, but God has given me such a peace about all of those thing's that would typically JUST BUG ME TO NO END. Thank God....God is good all of the time!















2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so looking forward to the day when I get the news that your "new" baby is here! And don't worry- God always supplies and I know He will in this situation also.

Unknown said...

Our oldest is going to "fly to coop" soon. I was putting together some thoughts for his graduation charge & I got overwhelmed. I told Beth that I'm not sure I can do this.
Thank God for Sam & Ben...What a comfort.
Praying for your situation. Guard your heart & love your God supremely.

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.