Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BEST HOME MADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT...

A FRIEND OF MINE HAD THIS HOME MADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT RECIPE POSTED ON HER BLOG.

Baking soda, Ivory soap (bar) and borax

1 cup of baking soda
1 cup of Ivory soap (grated)
1 cup of borax (is also a laundry booster)

Mix and it only require's 1 tablespoon per load. The boy's use 2 for their clothes.. I love using this recipe and having this on hand for more than one reason.
First off, I am really into saving money. When I am saving money and the product works well that is a bonus! Thanks for sharing this Melissa!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, does this get your boys clothes clean? I used this for several months last year and gave up because it wasn't getting the kids clothes clean. Maybe I should try again. I've been using Arm and Hammer since you told me you used it and it is soooo much cheaper than Tide and does a fairly good job. Do you use ivory soap or fels naptha (which Darleen uses)?

Melissa said...

I actually got this from Elizabeth and Darlene. I was skeptical until I had washed one of Sam's shirts that was covered in mud with my regular detergent and it didn't come out. (the shirt was white)So the next load I used this homemade one and it was like new. I also found Armor and Hammer Super Washing Soda at Kroger. Don't know how this is different than regular baking soda, but it is also 100% natural.

Also, you can make your own dryer sheets. Cut regular sponge into 8 pieces, mix 1 part fabric softener to 8 parts water. When ready to use, ring out 1 sponge until just damp and throw in dryer. When the load is done, put back into mixture.

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.