Saturday, July 12, 2008

...MMMMM Fried chicken...

Friday night we had a "family-night" bring dinner to eat picnic style at Church. It was a blast! I didn't cook, we picked up Publix fried chicken, macaroni salad and rolls. It was good. Now, I haven't eaten meat for 10 day's, but I did that night.

It was really tasty, yet I noticed something different this time with me not eating meat for a while and then going back to eating meat. It wasn't as big of a deal as it was in previous times.
I feel guilty because I didn't seek the Lord for his strength to not eat it as I've been doing before. Why? Because I wanted to eat that meat. My flesh ruled. With that said I didn't want an abundance of meat though, as I've done in the past. My stomach did ache the next day and my body rejected it and detoxed itself. That was "interesting" to me. Nevertheless, I am back to NOT eating meat for the remainder of July. I don't feel any pressure from making this decision and I owe it all to God, he is changing how I view food. That is my prayer. I am reminded of the scripture that is posted on the wall in my kitchen, right in front of the sink..."or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Cor 6:19-20



This scripture has so much more meaning to me than it EVER has! It is touching me on a emotional level, which I have never experienced before. For me it isn't only about the "weight-loss" but so much more about being discipline to the LORD even in this. This is really DEEP, "The HOLY SPIRIT" IS IN ME....AND "MY" BODY IS THE TEMPLE in which it lives???.


-Question's to myself: "How am I treating this temple?"



Answer: For the past 10 + year's I can say, that it hasn't been the best that I can do. This is purely unexceptable in my heart, as I am not giving God my best in this area of my life. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Praise the LORD, that he will be faithful to me in this area that I am seeking to completely turn over to him. I know that he is with me and will never leave me even in this...I pray that I will continue to seek him for strength. Common sense tells me that it shouldn't this difficult! My action's have said otherwise.

Please pray with me for the Lord's strength.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.