Monday, July 7, 2008

Back to work

My hubby went back to work this morning. I can't believe it has been 6 weeks already since his knee surgery. It actually feel a little weird around here this morning...

Yesterday, we went to eat out after Church and it was nice just to be together. We had a good time, and Chris is so social that he had "EVERYONE" talking to him. He kept trying to get the attention of EVERYONE that sat near us. We couldn't believe it. He is a little natural "flirt".
However, EVERY time that we eat out, we always say "why did we do that?"
It wasn't like the food was that GREAT for the money that we spent. LOL can anyone relate to us?

I really struggled yesterday, because I wanted to eat "meat" which I have not done since the first of July. I am slowly making my way back to the pH balancing program that I've been so intrigued with ever since I read about it. This time around, I decided to take out one thing at a time and honestly, I've been praying when I am struggling because I know that God will make a way for me to get out. Yesterday, wasn't as difficult as it seemed because after I just said "I am struggling" out loud to my husband the temptation/desire to eat meat was gone. It was almost like the Lord wanted me to confess my struggle out loud before he took it away.

I am so grateful to the LORD for his faithfulness.

2 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

Good for you Vicki! In time, you will probably desire less and less of meat anyway! And little Chris is a sweetiepie, I know he has my heart!

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Amen Sister! I know that is what God is waiting for, us to reach out to him in our weakness. He is so faithful! Please know I am still fasting and praying for you once a week, even though I haven't asked how you were doing. To God be the glory!!!

Your Friend,
Dar

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.