Friday, July 25, 2008

Fruit flies....

A cheap, natural way to get rid of those fruit flies....see video below.

1. Get a small jar that you may have around the house. 2. Place small pieces of banana and or apple in the jar. 3. place a small piece of plastic wrap over the top. 4. Poke a few small whole's in the top with a "sharp" pencil.

Within hour's they will fly in and not fly out. Make sure the wholes aren't too big.

Thanks to my son Ross who researched it out for me and set it up.

This works great! Oh, yeah, place the jar in the area in which you have the fruit flies flying around.

2 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

Thanks Vicki!, I did this last year and it worked somewhat, but I think my holes were to big and the fruit flies were finding their way back out! But I had forgotten all about it. So I'll try it again:)

Cloughamily said...

Vicki,
What a great idea! In the past, I have used apple cider vinegar poured in a small glass with a couple drops of Dawn detergent..stir it up and leave it on the counter. The detergent breaks the surface area of the vinegar so the flies can't sit on it...they fall in and drown. It works like a charm every time, but your kitchen will smell like vinegar for a few hours. For me, the trade off is worth it.

Many blessings to you and your lovely family of boys! :)

P.S. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.