Monday, September 1, 2008

I FINISHED THE RACE!!! YAHOO!!!

I actually finished the road race in a decent amount of time considering I haven't done this type of thing in a while. I believe I averaged approximately 15 to 16 minute's per mile. Which is very SLOW, but I am still encouraged and proud. My journey continues on with participating in races and exercising, controlling my eating and finally loosing this unwanted weight.

I am also thankful for my dear friend's who participated in the race with me Mrs. M and Mrs. J. It was truly a blessing to me! Thanks again!

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!
One of our devotions recently spoke of not
"rusting out", so just keep moving so you won't
"rust out". Of course, there is a spiritual application
as well. So, keep running the race as we look forward
in hearing, "Well done thy good and faithful servant"

Love ya,
Dar

Elizabeth said...

Good for you Vicki! Maybe one day I'll get it together enough that we can walk again.

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.