Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CHICKEN ANY ONE????

Do you remember the 6 Rooster's and 3 Hen's that we have? Five lucky Rooster's are now in our freezer.

A really nice man came over to our house from Church to help my husband PROCESS them. I proudly walked down to the area in which they were setting up with Chris on one side and the other was the camera. As I watched them carry the bird's up one at a time from the pen, I just couldn't stay. I turned the camera over to my son and walked back into the house. Temptation got the best of me so I looked out of the window of the HOUSE of course and I saw the headless bird wiggling! That was enough for me. Needless to say the job is done and the bird's were actually a really good size. The very last thing to do was to wash them and prepare them for the freezer. I had the hardest time touching them, even though the looked just like a bird that had been purchased at the grocery store! I just couldn't hardly stand it so my friend helped me wash,o.k. she washed them!!! I held the bag open. I am such a, dare I say " C H I C K E N".!!!
I guess one day I will proudly say....I helped in processing the bird's. I can see purchasing bird's, raising them up for meat and egg's but processing and actually eating them is another story. I can even cook them for the family to eat, but the true test will be if I EAT THEM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
There is no way in any shape or form that I could eat something that I had once seen alive. I don't want to know about where it comes from and I certainly don't want it in my yard and then on the breakfast table. I am a total wimp-give me the Kroger where I can ignore all the ugly details. :) You are braver than me!!! Hope you are having a blessed week!

Love,
Kelly Lancaster

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.