Saturday, August 30, 2008

PREPARING FOR THE 5K

As I think about how long it has been since I've participated in any type of "group" exercise, well let's just say that I don't really remember the exact year! I can't locate my T-shirt either to jog my memory.

The last race was a 6 mile race. Now this didn't include the distance that I had to walk to get to the starting point, that must have been about 3 miles by itself and the same distance back to where my vehicle was parked.

Monday is the big day and I've been walking and the last couple of weeks I've been doing some weight training.

Today, I tried jogging/walking and it actually felt good so much so that I had to come home and take a nap.

I was nervous about it at first, but honestly now I am so excited and the best part is the reward the T-Shirt!!! :) Honestly, some might think how silly, but I absolutely love the T-Shirt's.

Jogging/running has always been my exercise of choice, I'm not much of a step climber or a bike rider, although I do try those things at times but jogging and participating in road races are fun. I only try to compete against myself and see if I can do better than the time before.

Think of me on Monday and wish me well. :)

1 comment:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

You can do it! We'll be praying for you!
Dar

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.