Monday, January 5, 2009

What am I to do?

Lil Chris is such a sweet addition to our family and we love him sooooo much.

Currently, I am trying to "remember" what it was like to have a toddler in the home. This guy is VERY busy~ Active~ Verbal~ and fun,happy and dare I say LOUD!

He is determined to be in the spot light no matter what (ha,ha,ha). I can see him now up on the stage performing a Christmas play or singing, or even PREACHING! I don't know what the Lord's plans are for him but he is obviously going to "SPEAK" in some capacity. The child talks.....A L L D A Y .....
I am serious, I know it doesn't seem possible for a 1 year old to do that but he does! He is constantly talking to all of us,now that he can say our names...I'm Ma or MOM, RJ is r-da, Ross is Ra,Ra, Ryan is Ian and of course Randy is DA or DA,DA.

Today, he said Mom ju (juice) out, and handed me his cup! I about fell out of my seat! He is putting sentences together. I love that he is learning to say words.

He is special and we have the privilege to be his immediate family.

I am challenged right now as to what to do with him and I keep thinking he needs a play mate (am I crazy?). He does so well with other children around, yeah, my boy's are around but they have school work to do and honestly they get him all hyped up and there is no settling him down after they all play together. Y'all pray for me in this house of all "men". My youngest reminded me of that at the dinner table. I told him that I was WELL aware that I've long ago been out numbered.

...I guess I could count the 3 hens, and 1 dog that are female with me that totals 5. They can't talk to me though.. There's the 1 rooster and 5 men! Still out numbered! :)

I love my house of men and they love me too! I wouldn't trade them for the world and we are having fun. Actually, the Lord is teaching me how to have fun through them. I'm still praying for direction as how to "do" school effectively with a toddler in the house.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

When you figure it out, let me know!
Praying for you.
Love ya,
Dar

Mrs. M. said...

Ilove the new colors of your blog, I think I'll go over and update mine too! Mrs. M

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.