Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday night...is present your report!

All week long the children are learning about a different state of their choice. They prepare a report to read out to Dad after dinner and after Chris has gone to bed (grin).

Tonight was really sweet because Ryan did his report on New York and he discovered that Ben and Jerry from that really great tasting ice cream (one of his favorite thing's to eat) were from New York. He has NEVER had their ice cream before (I know shame on me) so one of his motivation's was that if he did really well on his report, that his treat would be ice cream, of course! The cinnamon bun flavor was very tasty he said. He did very well and I am so proud of him.

Really, I am proud of all of the children as they did well. Ryan is also quite the cook he loves to try new thing's so he also made the "OFFICIAL NEW YORK APPLE MUFFINS"
Since the apple is the state fruit. They were really good as well, but required more ingredient's than any muffin should.

RJ's report was on Georgia and I can tell you that this week I really do have a few State Park's that I would love to see after tonight. His confidence is boosting with reading out loud (as loud as he physically can). He has really come a long way.

Ross is always a ham and ready to perform! His report was sweet and short...I think its a teenage (boy) thing. He reported on Vermont (we have friend's that live there). Get right to the point and be done with it. Full of fact's (like his DAD). He is very independent and for that I am grateful although at times it seems bitter/sweet. Surely, you moms understand and can relate to me???

This has really been fun and we are off to the next state and eventually countries!

Hey wouldn't it be neat to be one of those traveling/teaching families...just sale everything and live out of an RV and just do hands on school. Is that unschooling? Boy is that appealing .... after all this time of homeschooling I could go for that.

1 comment:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

The report thing was a great idea! Might have to try that myself. So glad it was a success!
Going on the road does sound appealing for a time, but I'm sure it gets old after awhile, but I would be willing to try it for a time!!!

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.