Saturday, November 1, 2008

Race for a cure...

I participated in another 5K today. This race was to help children who have cancer and their families. Just racing for that fact alone was the ultimate reason I did it. It was cold this morning at 8 a.m. I don't think I warmed up until well after noon. :)
It was really encouraging to see all of the children taking part in such a great cause today.
I met my goal and that was to beat my last time, which I did by 4 minutes and approximately 40 seconds. I was excited! There is a jingle bell race next month that I can't believe that I am honestly considering. I don't think that I can talk my friend into doing that one too! I may be alone on that one.
Overall I felt really blessed to have taken place in this race and for a friend who agreed to do it with me.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Congratulations! I'm proud of you, keep going!

Mrs. M. said...

I'm glad you felt supported and encouraged to do this race. And I'm glad you had a friend to share it with. I know it was important to you. Meesha

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.