Monday, October 20, 2008

Great buy, home made and home improvement's...

This is the most recent thing that my dear husband has made. We needed more hanging space in our tiny closet since we have to share, so he designed this system, made it and stained it to match our bed. The really neat thing is that he can take the system out, it isn't nailed to the wall. Traditionally, a closet system would provide one side with just one pole and the opposite has two poles, but since I don't really have many dresses I requested two poles for hanging on my side as well. I really admire my hubby. When he gets a vision for something there is no stopping him. Things have really turned out GREAT!
I went "Antique" shopping a few weeks ago and after getting over the ticket "shock" I realized that our budget won't allow for a REAL antique at the time, I'd better fall back on plan #2! Randy allowed me to have a little time alone this past weekend and I went to an antique mall, now they have many vendor's and not everything is antique, but this dresser ( I desperately needed was a true bargain and not an antique.) It was under $200.00 bucks and what a find. It has some flaws but nothing that concerned me what-so-ever. We knew we couldn't make a dresser for this price so we got it. I just love it! Notice the hardwood floor's in this picture is more accurate of the color of the hard wood floor's.
This is a picture of the bed that we made, it has huge under bed storage and I especially love the simple headboard with fabric that makes it interesting to look at. Sorry my camera is really old and I have asked for another for Christmas.. We'll see if my wish comes true.

When we purchased our house 2 1/2 years a go we did so with a lot of "vision". It being older and smaller and not updated at all since it was built in the "80's". The largest undertaking has been the hard wood floor's that we've (my husband) has installed throughout the entire house minus bathrooms and kitchen. WE ARE FINALLY FINISHED! We started about this time last year and finished up in late August. This has really been GREAT progress since my husband has done the remainder of it with a "broken" knee cap, and fostering a baby around the same time he had his injury. God is good we've made it this far. I wanted to take a few picture's to show what we've done and we are so proud. The floors aren't as dark as they seem on this picture either, so again my camera is very old. These are a few thing's that we've really come to LOVE doing. There are many more project's to come, we don't run short of doing them, but the hardest decision is "what" to do next.

1 comment:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Way to go Randy! Better watch out, every woman is going to want that closet! Hey, a new home business idea!
Love the dresser!
Again, Randy, the floors looked fabulous!

Dar

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.