Sunday, November 23, 2008

The State of the U.S.A.

I was listening to one of my favorite christian radio station's this evening and there was a section where they reported the news. I am so disturbed at what I learned today. I was completely floored to hear that there is human trafficking in AMERICA, yes right here in the good ole' USA. They named states like Oklahoma, Kansas, certain parts of FLORIDA. This is so huge that these people are taking children right off of the streets, traumatizing them so much so that they won't try to run away. They even change their names.

...A brief story was told of a young girl 12 year's old who went to a "higher level" educated school that she had to walk some distance to get to. She was a great student and primarily good child. She was kidnapped by a pimp because the money is so GREAT they will go to major lengths to get these children. He changed her name, controlled her to a point that she was terrified of him. She was arrested 17 times in one year for "PROSTITUTION" if you can believe that! She has a record. No one checked to see who her parent's were. They allowed anyone to pick her up once she served her time. She was greatly terrified of her pimp and wouldn't turn him in. After realizing that her pimp and the men who were "buying" her didn't do any jail time she finally she got the strength to get out of this situation when she was "16"! This is mind blowing. Her pimp ended up in prison for a very long time.
These children aren't poverty stricken, there aren't any specifics as to who gets chosen as it relates to economic status or race.
There is BIG money (approximately 1,000.00 or so a day) to be made in this horrific "business" if you will, and "greed" is the main reason for this outrageous crime.

This news saddens me greatly and leaves me heart broken for all of these children and wondering "why" and "how"? It truly is beyond my level of comprehension. This is something that goes on in third world countries...are we becoming one ourselves? Not that is ok to be going on there either.What is it that we truly care about in AMERICA? Is there a New World Order? These are all question's that in my humble opinion are worth pondering over. These and many other happening's could be sign's of the end times for sure. As a Christian, I know one thing for sure I have J E S U S! No matter, what happens in this world, it is NOT my home. For that I am thankful.
Please join me in praying for all of these children who's parent's must think that they are in the bottom of an ocean somewhere...while we are at it lets pray for their parent's too!

1 comment:

Mia said...

Wow, thanks for sharing, I'll be praying as well!

--Mia

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.