Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Highlighting my Auntie Edwina

She is in her 70's and is my grandma's half sister, they have the same father.

This was a year ago at my grandma's funeral but I wanted to highlight her because this is the first time that I had met her as an adult. I had always heard about her through my grandma. Aunt Edwina lives in Chicago, which is where I was born so she remembered me as a baby.

I am so impressed with her because she still plays basketball on a "senior team" and she loves doing it. I have a newspaper clipping of her that she sent to us that highlighted the whole team. Randy and I both were very impressed by her youthfulness. She looked a lot like my grandma, but about 20 year's younger.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.