Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rising chef

This cookbook is really good it covers safety, how and where to hold the food when using a sharp knife. It talks about organic foods and what it means. Making various stocks from scratch. We are going to work on that this weekend. I can't wait to see what he decides to cook next. I am so proud of my son. Who knows we may have a chef on our hands or he may just be an excellent help to his wife and cook for her often.


Since Ryan loves to cook I decided I would nurture this ambition in him. With that do some teaching about making healthy food choices...etc. We borrowed a "International children's cook book" from the library. He was so excited and eagerly searched for something to make for the family. He decided on "Hot and sour soup", chinese recipe. He knows that is my all time favorite so we purchased ingredient's and came home and cooked. I know it won't be long before he will be able to be turned completely loose in the kitchen. Enjoy the picture's..


This soup wasn't as dark as the picture, but boy was it good. We enjoyed it so much.

Ingredient's were: tofu (first time we used this), pork loin, mushrooms, chicken stock, peas, corn starch, green onion, soy sauce, vinegar,cornstarch, egg. We substituted several ingredients with heathier choices.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.