Saturday, February 21, 2009

Convicted....

Romans 5:3-4

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces persverance; perseverance, character; and charcter, hope.

I have recently participated in a local "The Biggest Looser" contest and we just finished our second week.

The first week, I lost a little and this week I gained. I have exercised more than ever, but wasn't really watching my diet as closely as I should have. I'm seriously convicted like never before. I joined as a way to "motivate" myself. God is showing me that a contest is fine but not HIM, or his way. I must lean on his strength, and word to defeat this horrible "sin" in my life. Ouch, that hurts even as I type it.

I read in the word today, "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, Heb 10:26 NIV


I believe that I have the knowledge to do this but I am lacking the faith, confidence in the Lord that he will do this through me. I am STILL leaning on myself...sadly I admit.


It is EXTREMELY difficult for me to admit publically but necessary.


My plan is to first "pray". I hope to post other revelation's as he gives them to me.

Thanks for reading.... :)









2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Please know that I am praying for you, Thanks for being so transparent!

Mrs. M. said...

Sometimes the things that hit so close to home can seem the most difficult to overcome. You keep up the good work and this will be a thing of the past! Meesha

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.