Saturday, December 6, 2008

We made it through


Praise God he carried me through this race today! It was incredible. There just isn't any denying that there is just a community among runner's and how fun these races really are.
It was cold,but I layered up good and it really wasn't bad.
I listened to praise and worship and with raised hands periodically as I "jogged" up and down hills I thanked my heavenly father for everything. What a blessed time this was for me. I praise the Lord for it.
I did not beat my last time I actually went over by 2 minute's but I am not discouraged because I've been blessed. I met a lady who had preemie twins at the children's hospital last year and I got to share with her about my preemie son who is almost 16 year's old...wow did I say that! It sure does sound like I must be old...ha! I also met two cute lil college student's, girls who finished the race in about 20 minute's, they had previously did a half marathon..it was so cool just meeting so many people and generally most are very friendly.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Congratulations! I am SOOO proud of you! Just keep going!
Thanks for staying late Wed., we (the children & I) enjoyed visiting with y'all.
Pray for my siblings & me Monday @ 6:00 P.M. while in FL. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.