Sunday, December 14, 2008

Book recommendation...

In my effort's to LEARN more about what it means to be a "proverbs 31 woman" I am seeking help through reading various books.
This book seems to flow nicely with Proverbs 31:10-12....
"FASCINATING WOMANHOOD" By Helen B. Andelin, while I don't agree with everything I have greatly benefited from many suggestion's in her book. In my humble opinion its worthy of reading.

These topic's may be of some interest to you:

Introduction, What this book can do for you

Part I: Then angelic qualities
Accept a man at face value
Admiration
His sensitive pride
Sympathetic understanding
Make him No.1
Man's role in life
Man, the protector
...just to name a few

Part II: The human qualities
Femininity
The feminine manner
Radiant Happiness
Fresh Radiant Health
Child likeness
....and more

The philosophy of Fascinating Womanhood grew out of Helen Andelin's dissatisfaction with her own marriage. Feeling loved but not cherished, cared for but not treasured, Mrs. Andelin turned to the marriage books in her library for guidance. The answers weren't there. Searching further, finding fragments of information in a variety of sources Helen Andelin finally discovered the essential elements for a successful marriage. Putting her new found knowledge into practice, she watched her marriage change dramatically for the better.
It goes on to say that she began talking to woman in small groups and out of that grew this book, written in 1965.

Reading her book has enlightened me and put many of my concerns in the proper perspective. As a result of changing the way that I think I have been blessed by the fruit of it in my marriage.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've heard alot about this book, but have never read it. I'll be interested to hear what you think about it when you're done.

Elizabeth said...

whoops- I guess I didn't read closely enough the first time. So you did like it? I've read people that love it and people that hate it, so it has interested me. Guess I better order it from the library! I can always use a little help!

About Me

My photo
Southeast, United States
I am a wife to my childhood sweet heart and very loving husband. Mother to 3 incredibly handsome young men ages 15,12 and 9. I am saved by my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. I am a homeschooling mother who calls it a priviledge and a blessing to do so.